Sunday, April 1, 2012

How I create my patterns

Beaders often email and ask what "beading software" I use to create my patterns.

I don't use any "beading software" because what is out there is really for peyote, loom or brick stitch patterns (graphs), which I don't really do.

I'm a freelance desktop publisher/graphic designer by day so I use the same software that I use for book and magazine work to create my patterns:  
These apps are expensive and not all that easy to learn but I use them all the time for work and have already made the investment in time and money so I stick with them, but moreso, I just don't know of any other apps that do the job as well. If you find any, please let me know because my method is very time-consuming. Each drawing is hand-drawn in Illustrator.

2 comments:

  1. I totally appreciate the time you take to make your clear and concise patterns. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Roberta,
    You are a woman after my own heart, as I too use the above products. Well worth the learning curve. Your tuts are spectacular.

    Happy "Beady" Day :)
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete