- Instead of 6 lb. FireLine, I used 8 lb. FireLine.
- Instead of 11/0 seed beads, I used 8/0 seed beads.
- Instead of 4mm bicone crystals, I used 8mm bicone crystals.
- Instead of 4mm glass pearls, I used 8mm glass pearls.
- I used a larger 4mm jump ring, which I attached to a hook.
- In Steps 12 and 13 where it says to add five seed beads, I found that you have to add six seed beads.
- And in most of the steps, I went back around through the beads to make the ornament stiffer and less floppy.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
I bought some large Swarovski crystals and pearls because I thought I'd design some holiday ornaments but I just can't seem to get inspired by these large beads. They sure are pretty but I'm not feeling the love. So... I decided to try a different approach and used these beads on one of my earring patterns, the Bijoux Earrings, with the following changes: